If you are looking for English Female names with meanings in alphabet order, then we picked a list of ( 536 ) English girl names for you.
Choosing a name for your child is one of the most important decisions you will make as a parent.
There are many factors to be considered when you choose a name for your baby like the history of the name, the popularity of it, and the meaning and origin of the name.
Find more baby girl names by letters:
Search for baby girl names by origin:
Aboriginal, African, Arabic, Cambodian
English, Finnish, French, German
Greek, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hungarian
Indian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian
Japanese, korean, Latin, Latvian
Malaysian, Maori, Mexican, native American
Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian
Russian, Scandinavian, Scottish, Spanish
English girl names Starting with A:
1. Addison: daughter of Adam
2. Aerwyna: a friend of the ocean
3. Afton: from the afton river
4. Aida: one who is wealthy; prosperous
5. Aldis: from the ancient house
6. Ali: form of allison or alice, meaning “woman of the nobility”
7. Aliana: form of eliana, meaning “the lord answers our prayers”
8. Allison: form of alice, meaning “woman of the nobility, truthful; having high moral character”
9. Almira: a princess; daughter born to royalty
10. Alura: a divine counselor
11. Annabeth: graced with god’s bounty
12. Annalynn: from the graceful lake
13. Annmarie: filled with bitter grace
14. Ansley: from the noble’s pastureland
15. April: opening buds of spring, born in the month of april
16. Arden: from the valley of the eagles
17. Aria: a beautiful melody
18. Arin: form of erin meaning woman of ireland
19. Arnette: a little eagle
20. Ashby: home of the ash tree
21. Ashley: from the meadow of ash trees
22. Asia: the rising sun; in the koran, the woman who raised moses; a woman from the east
23. Aspen: from the aspen tree
24. Aubrey: one who rules with elf-wisdom
25. Audrey: woman with noble strength
26. Autumn: born in the fall
27. Avena: from the oat field
28. Avery: one who is a wise ruler; of the nobility
English girl names Starting with B:
1. Babs: traveler from a foreign land.
2. Bailee: courtyard within castle walls.
3. Baileigh: Berry clearing.
4. Bailey: steward.
5. Baili: Bailiff; Stewart.
6. Ballard: bald head.
7. Ballinderry: town of the oakwood.
8. Barbie: from the greek barbarous.
9. Baylea: Bailiff; sheriff’s officer.
10. Bayleigh: Bailiff; city fortification.
11. Bay: sea inlet.
12. Baylor: delivery person.
13. Beau: admirer; sweetheart.
14. Beckett : beehive; bee cottage.
15. Bee: she who brings happiness.
16. Bellarose: a rose’s vow to God.
17. Bennett: blessed.
18. Bentley: meadow with coarse grass.
19. Berry: fruit of Berry.
20. Berta: bright.
21. Bertina: bright; shinning.
22. Bess: my God is beautiful.
23. Beta: my God is beautiful.
24. Bethshaya: combination of Beth and Shaya.
25. Betony: flower name deprived from the Vettones tribe.
26. Bev: beaver stream or meadow.
27. Beverley: from the stream of the beaver.
28. Bexley: box tree.
29. Billie: wilful; strong-willed.
30. Binney: someone who lived on land enclosed by a bend in a river.
31. Birdie: bird.
32. Blake: dark.
33. Blakely: black; dark.
34. Blayke: light; dark.
35. Blaze: flame.
36. Blessing: divine gift.
37. Blessy: blessing; lucky thing; good thing.
38. Blythe: happy; cheerful; gentle.
39. Bonduca: victory.
40. Braylee: briar clearing.
41. Breanna: strong and graceful.
42. Breea: high; noble.
43. Breeze: cool; refreshing; windy.
44. Brenda: fiery; flaming sword.
45. Brexley: loving generous and kind.
46. Briar: thorny rose.
47. Bridie: strong woman.
48. Brighton: bright town.
49. Briley: descendent of Raghallah; noble; strong.
50. Brilynn: a woman who shines.
51. Brinley: burnt meadow.
52. Brinti: one from former nothen french province.
53. Bristol: meeting place by the bridge.
54. Brita: exalted one.
55. Britin: from great Britain.
56. British: from great Britain.
57. Britney: from great Britain.
58. Brittany: from Britain.
59. Brooke: stream.
60. Bryce: speckled.
61. Buffy: God is my oath.
62. Bunny: little rabbit.
63. Brylee: exalted pasture.
64. Brynlee: burnt meadow.
65. Brystol: where the bridge resides
English girl names Starting with C:
1. Carla: strong
2. Carly: little woman; a form of Charlotte
3. Carrie: strong; womanly
4. Carrington: town were goods are loaded; rocky town
5. Carter: cart maker; cart driver
6. Cate: pure
7. Cedrica: battle cheif; feminine form of Cedric
8. Chandler: candle maker
9. Chanel: canal; channel; strait
10. Charlie: little and womanly; strong
11. Chelsea: port of ships
12. Cherilyn: combination of Cher and Lyn
13. Cherry: red Cherry
14. Chrissie: christ-bearer; Christian
15. Christmas: born at Christmas time
16. Cleo: father’s glory
17. Cleva: from the cliff
18. Clover: lucky; a flower name
19. Cody: cushion; pillow
20. Cooper: barrel maker
21. Corliss: cheerful one
22. Courtney: from the court
23. Cuthberta: brilliant
24. Cyan: blue colour
English girl names Starting with D:
1. Dabria: name of an angel
2. Dael: lives in the valley
3. Daelyn: small valley
4. Daem: a female knight
5. Daff: daffodil; laurel
6. Dafnee: laurel; laurel tree
7. Dagian: dawn
8. Dahila: flower name; valley flower
9. Daijon: God’s gift of hope
10. Daile: valley
11. Daisea: daisy
12. Daizie: daisy
13. Dalas: wise
14. Dale: living in a valley; hollow
15. Daleena: kind; noble
16. Dalena: small valley
17. Daliah: tree branch
18. Damey: friendly
19. Danah: graceful; intelligent
20. Dandy: God is my judge
21. Danette: God is my judge
22. Dani: merciful; kindness
23. Danylynn: dearly loved
24. Darby: farm deer
25. Darleene: darling
26. Dasee: daisy; a southerner
27. Dawna: sunrise; daybreak
28. Daytona: sunny town
29. Daze: daisy
30. Deasia: gift of God
31. Debbe: bee
32. Debora: a bee
33. Deeandra: strong and womanly
34. Delecia: delightful
35. Delsi: sweetness
36. Dennis: strong love
37. Desha: golden girl
38. Dha: earth
39. Dimonda: diamond
40. Dillon: sea
41. Diorra: golden
42. Dive: beauty
43. Dollee: gift of God
44. Dooriya: the sea
45. Dorathy: gift of God
46. Dory: holden haired
47. Douglasina: dark river
48. Dunne: Brown
49. Dylin: sea
50. Dyvyna: favourite; beloved
English girl names Starting with E:
1. Eadda: prosperous; wealthy
2. Earlene: of high rank; noble
3. Eartha: of the earth
4. Easter: born at Easter
5. Ebba: flowing back on the tide
6. Eda: rich; prosperous
7. Edda: rich
8. Edeline: high-born; noble; kind
9. Edeva: rich gift
10. Edina: prosperous; fort
11. Edlyn: rich woman; noble
12. Edolie: noble
13. Edrea: prosperous; powerful
14. Edris: prosperous ruler; wealthy owner
15. Edwardina: prosperous guardian
16. Edwina: prosperous friend
17. Egberta: bright sword
18. Eletta: elf
19. Elisa: consecrated to God
20. Elise: consecrated to God; holy and scared to God
21. Eliza: consecrated to God; holy and scared to God
22. Ella: elfin; a fairy maiden
23. Ellen: light
24. Ellery: from the elder-tree Island
25. Ellice: noble
26. Elly: light
27. Elva: elf
28. Elvina: friend of the elves; little elf
29. Elyssa: holy and sacred to God
30. Ember: remains of a fire
31. Enchantra: enchanting
32. Ernestine: sincere; earnest
33. Eryn: peaceful
34. Ethel: noble
35. Evelyn: life
English girl names Starting with F:
1. Fae: fairy or magical creature
2. Faina: happy; joyful
3. Fairlee: from the yellow meadow
4. Faith: faithful; fidelity; trusting in God
5. Fancy: decorative
6. Farah: beautiful; delightful; pleasant
7. Fay: fairy or magical creature
8. Felicity: happy; fortunate
9. Fern: from the plant name
10. Fira: fiery
11. Flair: style
12. Fleta: swift; fast
13. Floris: a form of Florence
14. Flossie: blooming
15. Flower: blossom; flower
16. Forest: dweller in the forest; forester
English girl names Starting with G:
1. Gabby: devoted to God; God’s messenger
2. Gaines: increase in wealth
3. Garyn: spear carrier
4. Gaylia: a form of Gail ( father’s joy)
5. Gayna: white wave
6. Georgeanna: combination of Georgia and Anna
7. Georgie: farmer
8. Gidget: giddy
9. Giorgiana: farmer
10. Golda: gold
11. Goldie: gold
12. Gustee: windy
13. Gypsy: wanderer
14. Gytha: warlike
English girl names Starting with H:
1. Hadley: of the heath-covered meadow
2. Hailey: from the meadow of hay
3. Happy: happy; bright; cheerful
4. Haralda: ruler of the army
5. Harlene: from the hare or stag meadow
6. Harley: from the hare or stag meadow
7. Harper: harp player or maker
8. Harriet: ruler of the household
9. Hattie: ruler of the home
10. Haven: refuge; safe place
11. Hazel: hazelnut tree; a light brown colour
12. Heather: flower; heather
13. Heaven: place of ultimate happiness
14. Henrietta: ruler of the home
15. Hollie: holly bush which blossoms at Christmas
16. Hollis: holly tree
17. Honey: sweet one
18. Hope: optimistic; hope
19. Hunter: the Hunter
English girl names Starting with I:
1. Ida: prosperous; happy
2. Iliana: the light bearer
3. Ilyssa: holy and scared to God
4. Indiana: from the land of Indians
5. Indigo: dark blue; purple colour
6. Infinity: endless; infinity
7. Iris: flower
8. Irvette: friend from the sea
9. Ivory: having a creamy-white complexion
10. Ivy: resembling the evergreen vining plant
English girl names Starting with J:
1. Jaane: a gracious gift of God
2. Jacola: likes truth; youthful; charming
3. Jacee: a flower type; a hyacinth flower
4. Jacie: she who heals others
5. Jackeline: protected by God
6. Jacobina: a woman who believes in the protection of God
7. Jacynthe: pretty like a hyacinth flower
8. Jadira: green eyes; the jemstone jade
9. Jady: a jade of gemstone; the beautiful green colour
10. Jae: like a jay bird
11. Jaenette: God is gracious
12. Jailand: youthful and energetic
13. Jalyn: a jay bird
14. Janaia: God has heard
15. Janais: God has answered
16. Janeva: juniper tree; white wave
17. Jaunie: a brave woman
18. Jazzy: yas flower
19. Jedda: the precious black shady gem stone
20. Jeffie: fair minded; charming
21. Jenefer: bright; tender; kind
22. Jennex: attractive and good looking
23. Jenralyn: intelligent and bold girl
24. Jerelyn: having a clever mind
25. Jerrilyn: waterfall
26. Jasmynda: Jasmine flower
English girl names Starting with K:
1. Kamryn: crooked nose
2. Kandie: clarity; whiteness
3. Kelsey: port of ships
4. Kestrel: falcon
5. Kim: chief
6. Kimberlie: royal fortress
7. Kirby: Church in the village or farm
8. Kirrily: combination of names Kiri and Lee
English girl names Starting with L:
1. Lane: narrow road
2. Lark: skylark; sings like a lark
3. Lauren: laurel-crowned
4. Lavender: sweetly scented flower
5. Lea: meadow
6. Leah: meadow
7. Leanne: graceful meadow; combination of Lee and Anne
8. Lee: meadow or clearing
9. Leigh: meadow
10. Leoma: light; bright
11. Linden: valley of the linden trees; protective shield
12. Lindley: from the meadow
13. Linley: from the field of flax; flax meadow
14. Lisa: consecrated to God
15. Lisbet: consecrated to God
16. Liz: consecrated to God
17. Liza: same as Lisa
18. Lodema: guide
19. Lona: alone; solitary
20. Loren: laurel-crowned
21. Loreto: crown of laurel leaves
22. Loretta: crown of laurel leaves
23. Lorice: same as loretta
24. Lorna: crown of laurel leaves
25. Love: loved one; love; kindness
26. Lucetta: light
27. Luella: elflike
28. Lute: a musical instrument
29. Lynley: from the field of flax
English girl names Starting with M:
1. McKinley: offspring of the fair hero
2. Maddox: born into wealth and prosperity
3. Madison: daughter of the mighty warrior
4. Maggie: resembling a pearl
5. Mandoline: one who is accomplished with the stringed instrument.
6. Marilyn: star of the sea; from the sea of bitterness
7. Marjorie: a pearl
8. Marley: of the marshy meadow
9. Marlo: driftwood
10. Maven: having great knowledge
11. Mercer: a prosperous merchant
12. Merry: one who is light-hearted and joyful
13. Mertice: a well-known lady
14. Merton: from the village near the bond
15. Mikayla: who is like God?
16. Mindy: one who is sweet and gentle
17. Mirinesse: filled with joy
18. Morguase: In Arthurian legend, the mother of Gawain
English girl names Starting with N:
1. Nana: a grandmother; one who watches over children
2. Nancy: gracious
3. Nelda: of the elder tree
4. Nell: light
5. Nellie: light
6. Nellwyn: friend of Nell
7. Nessie: a form of Vanessa
8. Niagara: from the famous waterfall
9. Nicosia: woman from Cyprus
10. Nyneve: In Arthurian legend, another name for the lady of the lake
English girl names Starting with O:
1. Oakley: a charming lamp
2. Oleda: a winged creature
3. Olif: olive tree
4. Oligana: a person who is appreciated and beloved
5. Olita: able to fly any where
6. Olta: a happy and expressive human; great mind
7. Ora: coastline
8. Orva: friend with a spear
9. Osma: divine protector
10. Overton: from the upper side of town
English girl names Starting with P:
1. Paige: a young assistant
2. Paisley: woman of the Church
3. Paiton: place of a warrior
4. Pamela: as sweet as honey
5. Panda: resembling the bamboo-eating animal
6. Parker: the keeper of the park
7. Patience: Patience
8. Payge: youthful assistant; young child
9. Peach: Stone fruit that is soft and furry on the outside and sweet inside
10. Pembroke: from the broken Hill
11. Peri: from the pear tree
12. Peyton: noble warrior’s Town
13. Philberta: brilliant; intelligent
14. Pixie: fairy; sprite
15. Poeta: poetry
16. Poly: small
17. Pollyanna: combination of Polly and Anna
18. Posy: brunch of flowers
19. Primrose: primrose flower
20. Princess: daughter of Queen and King
21. Prudence: one who is cautious and exercises good judgement
22. Purity: purity
English girl names Starting with Q:
1. Queena: form of the royal English title, queen
2. Queenie: queen
3. Quella: to pacify
4. Quintana: queen’s lawn
English girl names Starting with R:
1. Radella: and advisor; counsellor
2. Rae: doe
3. Raelene: a form of Rae
4. Raeven: black bird
5. Rainbow: array of bright colours
6. Randa: wolf; shield
7. Raven: raven; blackbird
8. Rennie: born again
9. Robin: small bird
10. Rodne: Island of reeds; Island clearing
11. Rosanna: combination of Rose and Ann
12. Rosemarie: combination of Rose and Marie
13. Rosemary: a fragrant herb; symbol for remembrance
14. Rosie: Rose
15. Rosina: Rose
16. Rowan: mountain ash tree; tree with red berries
17. Roz: Rose
18. Ruel: path
19. Rue: aromatic medicinal plant
20. Rumer: gipsy
English girl names Starting with S:
1. Sable: sleek; soft fur; black
2. Sabrina: princess
3. Sadie: princess
4. Saffron: yellow; a plant used as a spice
5. Sally: princess
6. Satin: smooth; silkey; shiny
7. Saundra: defender; helper of humankind
8. Saxon: of the saxons; people of the sword
9. Scarlet: brilliant red colour
10. Shelby: dweller at the estate by the ledge; a sheltered town
11. Shelley: from the meadow’s ledge
12. Shirley: bright meadow
13. Sigourney: victorious conqueror
14. Silver: silver; a valuable metal
15. Sissy: blind
16. Skye: Island off the Scottish coast
17. Sparrow: a bird
18. Spring: springtime
19. Star: a star
20. Starling: small bird
21. Stockard: stockyard
22. Storm: storm; tempest
23. Sue: lily
24. Summer: born during summer
25. Sunny: bright; cheerful; sunshine
26. Sunshine: sunny-natured; sunshine
27. Swana: Swan
English girl names Starting with T:
1. Taite: cheerful; happy
2. Talen: claw
3. Talisha: damsel arising
4. Tallis: forest; Woods
5. Talor: a form of Taylor
6. Tandy: team
7. Tanner: one who tans hides
8. Tansy: an aromatic yellow flower
9. Tasha: born on Christmas day
10. Tasmin: twin
11. Tatum: bringer of joy
12. Tawnie: yellowish-brown colouring
13. Taya: tailor of clothes
14. Taylor: tailor of clothes
15. Teal: sea-green water bird
16. Teanna: graceful
17. Temperance: having self-restraint
18. Terena: earthly and tender
19. Tetty: my God is beautiful; God’s promise
20. Thelred: one who is well-advised
21. Thistle: thistle plant
22. Tiana: graceful princess
23. Timothea: honouring God
24. Tina: from the river
25. Tinble: Bell sound
26. Tosha: born at Christmas
27. Toya: plaything
28. Treasure: treasure; wealth; precious
29. Tricia: of noble descent
30. Trilby: soft hat
31. Trisha: of noble descent
32. Trixie: bringer of joy
33. Trudy: spear maiden
34. Tryamon: a fairy princess
35. Tuesday: born on Tuesday
36. Twyla: woven with double thread
37. Tyler: tile-maker
38. Tyme: the aromatic herb thyme
39. Tyne: of the river
English girl names Starting with U:
1. Udele: rich; wealthy; prosperous
2. Udeline: defender
3. Udella: wealthy
4. Ulalia: sweet; soft spoken
5. Uldwyna: special friend
6. Ulrika: wealthy ruler; power of the home
7. Unita: oneness; sisterly unites
8. Unity: together in a common case
9. Urith: shinning
10. Uzma: greatest; grand; supreme
English girl names Starting with V:
1. Vanessa: a genus of butterfly
2. Vanity: vain
3. Velma: desire to protect
4. Velvet: velvety
5. Vulpine: like a fox
English girl names Starting with W:
1. Walker: cloth walker; cloth cleaner
2. Wallis: foreigner from Wales
3. Wanetta: pale and delicate
4. Warda: guardian; watchman
5. Waverly: from the windy meadow of aspens
6. Waynette: wagen maker
7. Welcome: a welcome guest
8. Wendelle: wanderer
9. Weslea: west meadow
10. Whalley: woodland clearing near a round hill
11. Whisper: one who is soft-spoken
12. Whitley: white meadow
13. Whitney: white island
14. Whoopi: happy
15. Wilda: wild and untamed
16. Wilfreda: peacemaker; desiring peace
17. Willow: willow tree
18. Wilona: desired
19. Winsome: attractive; charming
20. Winter: born in winter
21. Wren: wren bird
English girl names Starting with Y:
1. Yadani: sun; God gift
2. Yaiiua: bright; youthful
3. Yakira: precious; beloved; dear one
4. Yale: mountain goat
5. Yami: light in dark; twinkling star
6. Yana: God gifted
7. Yancey: lucky
8. Yanie: gift of God; peaceful
9. Yara: little butterfly
10. Yaron: singer
11. Yasma: Jasmine
12. Yda: good faith; good luck
13. Yedda: Beautiful voice
14. Yette: ruler of the house
15. Ygerna: fair lady
16. Yola: violet flower
17. Yonah: dove
18. Yvone: yaw tree
19. Yyn: faithful
English girl names Starting with Z:
1. Zabe: God is my Oath
2. Zaclyn: clean and bright
3. Zabrina: princess
4. Zalee: Berry wood
5. Zanna: lily
6. Zaylee: a heavenly woman
7. Zelene: Sunshine