Learn how to make yogurt at home with this easy and simple recipe. Use it for your morning fruit and Granola, mix it with jam for a fancy breakfast topping, spread it onto toast, and many many other ways to eat yogurt.
How to make yogurt at home?
- 1 1/4 full cream cow milk
- 2 tbsp fresh yogurt (plain and unsweetened yoghurt)
Yogurt recipe instructions:
- Pour the cow milk in a large pot. Turn the heat to medium and leave it until boiling. Let it boil for 10 minutes, then turn of the heat.
- Clip the thermometer on the side of the pot and leave the pot uncovered until the milk reaches 43°C . Stir constantly to prevent a skin from forming.
- Scoop out about a cup of warm milk into a bowl. Add the yogurt and whisk until smooth and the yoghurt is dissolved in the milk.
- Return the yogurt and milk mixture to the milk pot, stir well.
- Cover the pot and keep warm for 8 hours. I personally prefer wrapping it with a blanket.
- Once yogurt is set, transfer it to the refrigerator. It’s preferable to let it set for another 2 to 3 days before eating it to allow the culture to grow strong.