This easy homemade dill cucumber pickle recipe is a delicious and easy way to enjoy as a summertime project.
Keep a jar in the fridge and serve with sandwiches, tacos and nachos.
Dill cucumber pickle Ingredients:
- 1 kilo small sized cucumber
- 500 ml red grapes vinegar
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp whole black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup Dill
- 10 garlic gloves
- Cucumber: use 1 kilo of whole or sliced Small sized Lebanese cucumber.
- Vinegar: 500 ml of red grapes vinegar.
- Water: you need 1 litre of water for this recipe.
- Dill: you will need 1 and half cups of fresh dill.
- Garlic: you need 10 garlic gloves (cut them in half).
- Seasonings: use 2 tablespoons of sea salt, and 2 tablespoons of whole black pepper (I used the colourful one).
Watch in video:
How to make dill cucumber pickle recipe?
1- Rince the cucumber thoroughly, and soak it with some water and vinegar for half an hour.
Add the sea salt, vinegar, and water to a medium sized pot over medium heat until boil.
2- now add the washed and dried cucumbers to the pot and let it boil with the water and vinegar for 2 minutes, then turn off the heat, and let the cucumber cool in the pot.
3- In a glass or food grade plastic jar, place a layer of the garlic and whole paper, then a layer of half amount of the dill.
4- Now add the cucumber over the the dill layer, then pour the boiled and cooled water and vinegar over the ingredients of the jar. Finally, add a layer of the rest of dill on the top of the jar ingredients.
5- Close the jar tightly for 7 days. After that, your pickle is ready to serve with any dish you like. I personally love to have it with shawarma chicken wrap.
Note: keep the homemade cucumber dill pickles in their tightly closed jar in the fridge, and they will keep for several weeks.