Here you’ll read a complete hospital bag checklist for mo to be. This checklist or guide contains all the essentials for baby and mom to use during using your hospital stay before, during and after giving birth.
So, if you are thinking about packing your hospital bag and not sure when and where to begin, keep reading this post to know exactly what to bring to hospital when you’re having a baby.
We recommend keeping everything organised by packing 3 separate bags. One for the mom, one with baby essentials, and one for the partener. And remember to include a bag to put your dirty laundry in.
11 Things to do in the hospital during and after giving birth.
When to start packing my hospital bag for Labor?
It is better to prepare your hospital bag a head of time. Well, there are many thoughts of when to start packing your hospital bag. While we all know that the third trimester is the perfect time to get all the essentials together. But, some women are a bit late in preparing this bag.
Anyway, once you are around 34 weeks, your hospital bag should be ready, because you never know when the baby will make an appearance!
Important documents to prepare in the hospital bag:
Have all your important documents handy, so that your doctors can easily see your medical history. Make sure you have a copy of these readily available. These documents include:
- Your medicare card, or any other medical card.
- Your hospital file, or medical records.
- Your health insurance.
- Personal ID : just in case your hospital may require some form of ID.
- Birth plan: in case you have one, make sure you have already a copy available in the hospital bag.
Complete Hospital bag checklist / bag 1: what to pack for mom to be:
Regardless of whether you have a natural birth or going to do c-section. There are many important things to pack in your hospital bag. Some of them are essentials and others are optional depending on your interest.
- Warm robe: you’ll definitely need to keep your body warm after giving birth.
- Loose pajamas.
- Button-up T-shirt for breastfeeding.
- Comfy socks.
- Comfy slippers.
- 6 Dark colour underwear.
- Overnight pads.
- Toiletries: travel size of ( toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, facial cleansing, body wash).
- Hair tie & hair brush & mirror.
- Lip balm.
- Your makeup (if you want).
- Your prenatal vitamins.
- Heat pack.
- Nipple cream.
- Vases: to hold flowers from your visitors.
- Healthy Snacks: you’ll definitely feel more hungry during breastfeeding, so you need to eat some snacks.
- Some cash.
- Phone charger.
- Books or magazines to read if you are boring.
Complete Hospital bag checklist / Bag 2: what to pack for your baby?
Make sure you pack all the essentials you need for your newborn during your hospital stay after birth. Well, you should first find out what your hospital provides for the baby and then plan accordingly. Here are some items you may need:
- Baby wipes.
- Four singlets.
- Blankets/ bunny rugs.
- Formula, bottles, teats and sterilizing equipment if you are planning for formula feed.
- Cute beanies for hospital photography.
- Warm hats.
- Going home outfit.
- A Correctly fitted baby car seat.
The complete Baby Registry checklist/ what do you really need for a newborn?
Bag 3: what to pack for your partner?
Make sure to pack a small bag for your partner with some important items he definitely need during his stay with you at hospital days. These are some items he might need:
- Change of clothes.
- Comfortable slippers.
- A watch with a second hand for timing contractions.
- Camera & the charger if you are planning to record your birth.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Panadol because some partners suffer from stress and headache during the the labor of their wives.
- Note book and a pen.
please share the post to share the knowledge..