If you are pregnant or trying to be pregnant and you wish you have a smart baby, so you are in the right place. Please keep reading.
Our children are the most fabulous gift from God.. Once the first baby comes to the life and we become parents everything in our life changes to the best (although there are some difficulties like don’t have enough sleep, and don’t have much time to give ourselves enough care), but still motherhood is the most beautiful stage to me.
After my first baby came to the world in January 2017, my life has entered a new point, my baby has become a priority in my life. I started searching for the best tips to raise my baby in the right way.
One of my goals and hopes towards him is making him a smart baby.
So I’ll share with you the best tips to achieve this goal.
Although the intelligence of the child is a hereditary thing, genes are not alone responsible for it, it controls about 40%-60% from the intelligence and the rest of the ratio come from his surrounding environment and the correct nutrition.
Nutrition has a big impact on the human brain, the brain diet helps to boost your kid’s intelligence and focus. And the same diet helps grow a strong brain for your baby if you implement this diet during pregnancy.
What to do before pregnancy to have a smart baby:
If you’re planning to have a baby, the first thing to do is to make sure you don’t have vitamins and minerals deficiencies. It’s better for you first and for the baby to grow in a perfect environment second.
Make sure to eat fish at least twice a week, it supports your baby with omega 3 that’s responsible for growing the baby’s mind. If you’re vegan replace the fish with avocado or nuts especially walnut.
Take folic acid bills and eat healthily.
Omega 3 and folic acid are also important for your fertility, so they help conception.
NOTE: starting eating healthy food before pregnancy is very important because the fetal brain starts growing at week 2 or 3 of pregnancy, and at that time you maybe haven’t discovered pregnancy yet.How to get a smart baby Click To Tweet
Check out these posts:
What to do during pregnancy to have a smart baby:
So, you are pregnant now, congratulations!!
Really happy for you. I’m sure your little one holds your thinking.
Ok, if you are hoping that your awaited baby be smart, so don’t worry.
Just keep your right nutrition habits and skip your wrong nutrition habits.
Here are a few useful tips for you.
1- pray for your baby:
Ask your God to save him and to bless him with a healthy mind and a healthy body.
2- Stop smoking as soon as possible:
The dangers of smoking on the physical and mental health of the baby have become known to all. You can read more about the easiest way to quit smoking during pregnancy.
3- Listen to music:
There are many studies that demonstrate the effect of music on the intelligence of the fetus. one study by two early childhood researchers showed that children whose mothers had listened to the music constantly during pregnancy have made more progress in terms of audio, visual, language and they sleep better and are more aware of their environment than the children whose mothers hadn’t listened to the music constantly during pregnancy.
4- Let your husband spoils you:
The husband’s attention to his pregnant wife is a guarantee to have a smart baby. the mother’s happiness and the rest of the nervous reflect their effects on the fetus. So, dear husband, please spoil your wife to have a smart baby.
5- Avoid using your mobile phone for a long time:
Several studies have been conducted in Denmark, Canada and British to illustrate the severity of this device on pregnant women. some of the findings of these studies are:
The pregnant women who use mobile phones frequently are more likely to have children with behavioural problems like hyperactivity, anxiety and poor memory.
Research experiments have shown that exposure to radiation from the phone during pregnancy affects the growth of the baby’s brain.
6- Care for proper nutrition helps to have a smart baby:
One of the things that help you to have a smart baby is a healthy diet, your food should contain the essential nutritional values to help to grow your baby’s brain the right way:
- Omega 3: eat enough amounts of omega 3 rich food like fish especially salmon ( avoid deep-sea fish like Tona and sharks because it contains mercury which is harmful to the fetus, also avoid row fish because of the risk of salmonella). another omega 3 rich food are nuts, avocado, chia seeds, flax seeds, egg yolks. speak to your doctor about taking omega 3 bills.
- Protein: the main importance of protein to the fetal brain is that it’s made up of the amino acids required by every part of your baby’s development. In his brain protein supports proper brain growth, brain cell functioning and overall brain health. protein-rich food is chicken breast, turkey, shrimp, fish, egg, milk, yoghurt, hard cheese, lentils, beans, chickpeas, split peas, almond butter, peanut butter, cashews, sunflower seeds, quinoa, oats, brown rice.
- Iron: can stimulate cognitive activity. it’s found in beef, dark chocolate, pumpkin seeds, seafood, spinach, parsley, asparagus, leeks, swiss chard, cumin, turmeric, beet greens, chilli peppers, lentils.
- Magnesium: critical for proper energy production. it’s found in banana, nuts, pumpkin seeds, leafy greens, avocado, beans, spinach, figs, dark chocolate.
- Zinc: helps control neural impulses. it’s found in seafood, beef, chicken, lamb, pumpkin seeds, cocoa powder, nuts, mushrooms, cashews, chickpeas, yoghurt, spinach.
- Folic acid: it helps in natural tube development in your body and prevent major birth defects in the baby’s brain or spine, and improves the brain’s health and memory. it’s found in turnip greens, beans, broccoli, lentils, asparagus.
- Vitamin B: can improve mood and increase stress tolerance. it’s found in lentils, sunflower seeds, black beans, green vegetables, turkey breast, chicken breast, milk.
- Vitamin C: it’s a regular for over a dozen different neurochemicals. it’s found in bell pepper, kiwi, strawberries, oranges, tomatoes, spinach, broccoli and mango.
- Vitamin E: can help reduce stress on the brain. it’s found in nuts, sunflower seeds, avocado, leafy green, fish, spinach, sweet potatoes, palm oil, butternut squash and olive oil.
- Vitamin D: improves memory and brain cell function. its the main source is the sun, it also found in mushrooms, oily fish, caviar, eggs, fortified milk.
If you have more information about this topic or if you have any question feel free to write a comment down.